Silent Voices Series Vol.1
Rights of the Dead
Personally, I perfer Whole Bean to Grind Coffee. So make sure that you grind the whole beans FINE. Better flavor. You can also use a French Press as well.
Turkish Coffee with Milk
Recipe for Two persons
- Add 3 oz of water and 3 oz of milk into your coffee maker
- Add 2-3 tablespoons Turkish coffee
- Add sugar to your taste
- Have the mixture come to a frothing (NOT boiling please)
- Move your coffee away from the heat (or turn down the heat) to let foam subside
- Have it come to froth again
- Serve into your cups
- Wait about 30-45 seconds to let grounds settle and enjoy.
- Stop drinking when you reach to the “sediments” in the bottom
- Now sit back and relax and enjoy your sensation!
Recipes found in Vol. 3 Silent Voices Series ~ You Can’t Have Us ~ Grace from the Dead
Kabab wa kofta (Grilled meats): Veal/Lamb
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound ground lamb
3 tablespoons grated onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
28 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef’s knife on your cutting board. Mix the garlic into the lamb along with the onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger, and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Form the mixture into 28 balls. Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into a 2-inch oval; repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Place the kebabs on a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Or line oven rack with aluminum foil spray with Pam and arrange skewers
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the lamb has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 6 minutes for medium.
MAKES 16 BREAD pieces: 35 MINUTES
1 tbsp. active dry yeast
2 1⁄2 cups water, heated to 105º
5 cups whole-wheat flour, plus more for dusting
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
Cracked wheat bran for proofing, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the yeast with the water and let stand until foamy, 10 minutes. Add 2 1⁄2 cups of the whole-wheat flour and stir until smooth. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the dough and, using your hand, stir the salt and oil into the dough and then add the remaining 2 1⁄2 cups whole-wheat flour and mix until the dough comes together. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place the dough in a large bowl greased with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until doubled in size, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Place a baking stone on a rack in the oven and heat the oven to 500° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, punch the dough down and divide into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten into a 5-inch circle. Lightly sprinkle the cracked wheat bran, if using, or more whole-wheat flour over 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Divide the dough circles between the baking sheets and loosely cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand until slightly puffed, about 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, place the dough circles on the hot baking stone, spaced 2 inches apart, and bake until puffed and lightly charred in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pieces of bread to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves: 4 cups
1 sachet of sahlab powder
2 cups of water
2 cups of milk
- In a medium pot, on a medium heat add water and sahlab powder.
stir occasionally, and when it near boiling, lower the heat and keep stirring, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately and add your favorite topping.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
The amount is enough for 4 small cups or 2 full mugs.
1 tsp of rose water
Ground cinnamon, grated coconut, raisins, ground pistachio, almonds, honey.